Holistic Learning Program
Expect something different!
Prepare your mind, body and spirit to learn for life.
Learning and Wellbeing
The Holistic Learning Program integrates learning theory and health and wellbeing techniques to provide you with tools and techniques you can apply to make learning and performing easier and sustainable. We aim to develop your awareness of what happens in your brain when you learn and why your health and wellbeing is critical to this process.
Know your brain
This video explains why stress and anxiety make learning more difficult and what we can do to make the most of our limited time and energy for learning.
What is Holistic Learning?
There are many factors that combine to influence the effectiveness of our learning activities. When we take a holistic approach, we consider all of these factors and manipulate them to create the ideal conditions for learning to occur.
Many of us rely on others to teach us, but when we understand how learning occurs we have the ability to take greater control of our learning ourselves. This provides us with the power to direct our future by finding what we love and developing the skills and knowledge to do it well so we can lead healthy and fulfilling lives where we make a difference to things that matter to us.
The program is designed to support you to learn in a way that will develop your ability to learn in the future.
This will assist you to navigate your future and be adaptable to the inevitable changes that will occur in your lifetime.
- Learn how your brain creates memories
- Explain the link between wellbeing and learning
- Explore the cost of distraction
- Find the beauty in balance
- List the chemicals in your brain that influence your happiness and what you can do to alter them
- Apply techniques that enhance learning and performance.
- Explain how health and wellbeing influence learning and performance
- Cultivate a fertile brain that is primed for learning
- Experiment with techniques to enhance focus
- Explore natural brain boosters you can implement immediately
- Develop your experimentation plan
- Work with a learning partner to keep each other on track.
- Explain how performance contributes to health, happiness and success
- Consider the reasons you behave the way you do
- Investigate your patterns of behaviour and how they can be used to your advantage
- Design your life to avoid overload and optimise your brain
- Plan actions that promote your learning
- Blend learning into your life.
- Discuss your experience
- Determine your priorities
- Plan what, when, where and how you will learn
- Identify resources you will use
- Reflect on the effectiveness of your actions
- Maintain a record of what you achieve
- Make adjustments to continue improving
- Reward your actions and achievements.
You will receive:
- Face-to-face or online workshops
- Digital workbook
- Selection of cards to be displayed as gentle reminders
- Additional resources
- Action planning tool
- Progress tracking tool
- Audio download – meditation
You will learn:
On completion of the program you will be able to:
- Determine what you want to achieve and how learning will help you
- Explain how your brain functions and ways you can use this to your advantage
- List a range of factors that impact on your ability to learn
- Explain the importance of health and wellbeing as a foundation for learning
- Evaluate the impact of holistic health on your ability to learn
- Implement learning tools and techniques to make the most of your study time
- Design your life to stay focused and motivated
- Develop a plan to integrate learning into your life
- Moderate your emotions to feel calmer in high stakes situations
- Reflect on your progress and adapt your approach to learn continuously.
Let me help you or someone you support to:
Allow yourself to dream of all the wonderful opportunities learning can bring.
Learn and experiment with tools and techniques to find what works for you.
Determine what, when, where and how you will bring your dream to reality.
Make learning social to so you can support others while learning yourself.
Implement tools and techniques that support you to learn continually.
Keep track of the impact your actions are having on your learning and wellbeing.
Make small changes to your plan so the time spent learning is fun and effective.
Repeat the process continuously and enjoy the incremental improvements.
Why this program?
In a world of constant change, the ability to learn is a major determinant of what you are capable of achieving.
While many programs teach you how to study, this one focuses on what is occurring in your brain when you complete different activities. With this understanding, you will be well placed to plan tasks and design your environment to make learning easier, more effective and even more enjoyable.
The program integrates theories from cognitive science, behavioural science and kinesiology to determine techniques that support the whole person. We appreciate that every human is unique and there are a range of factors impacting on our ability to learn. This is why we will share a range of evidence-based techniques for you to experiment with.
You will be supported as you apply these techniques and reflect on their impact so you can determine what works best for you.
These resources can be used to make small but sustained changes each day that can make a big difference over time. They are gentle nudges that you can experiment with to see what works. Share them with friends and colleagues and have a conversation about their effectiveness for you.